Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Poll: Settings regarding Fair-Gamers UT2004 »BombingRun« Server #11

Poll: Settings regarding Fair-Gamers UT2004 »BombingRun« Server #11 6 years 10 months ago #3553

• GooZ
  • Fresh Boarder
Fellow BR´ers,

please comment below on the following:

- Maplock (Make the map unavailable for x maps after a game)
- Tickrate

Cheers and Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Poll: Settings regarding Fair-Gamers UT2004 »BombingRun« Server #11 6 years 10 months ago #3554

• GooZ
  • Fresh Boarder
- Keep maplock at 1, like it was originally.

- Tickrate of 41 was fine, however, 60 didn´t feel to much of. 100 is a no-go; I´d rather go with more testing on this.

EDIT: After having played for 4+ hours last week with a tickrate of 60, I conclude for myself that 41 is the better solution. Translocating and ball-movement were bad. I did not catch why it went up in the first place, perhaps even ~30 is worth a try?
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by GooZ.

Poll: Settings regarding Fair-Gamers UT2004 »BombingRun« Server #11 6 years 10 months ago #3555

• __j
  • Fresh Boarder
- Maplock: 0 is best (so we could vote to restart a map if we didn't make teams in time).

- Tickrate: 41 has worked well for years (this BR server is as good as any I've played on). It might be worth seeing how much higher it can be pushed before performance degrades. BR is very different from other game-types in that the most important consideration is that the ball moves smoothly. At tickrate 100 it was unplayable. 60 felt slightly worse than 41 to me, but it's hard to be certain without more testing. Maybe try 50? (BTW, is there any reason it was set to 41 rather than, say, 40? It could be that only certain numbers are good numbers for tickrate, so an expert should comment.)

- Idle kick: can this please be increased to 3 minutes so players cannot be kicked during warmup?
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by __j.

Poll: Settings regarding Fair-Gamers UT2004 »BombingRun« Server #11 6 years 10 months ago #3558

• n0niz
  • Fresh Boarder
- Maplock 2-3, i don't wanna Play Grenelkeep or TwinTombs every 2 rounds

- Tickrate 60 is ok maybe? 50 maybe? Some People still complain. 100 was awful, the ball was stuttering in air, some passes were not fluid anymore, not defendable anymore. Also the 13 year old game has an old netcode. Specially BR is sensibel on that

- Kick idle on 4 - 5 Minutes please. If we Change maps, and you go away and be there in time for a new game, you still get kicked. Also our community likes to kickvote, so that's not an issue in case, we Need some space.

Poll: Settings regarding Fair-Gamers UT2004 »BombingRun« Server #11 6 years 10 months ago #3565

• __j
  • Fresh Boarder
We tested tickrate 60 thoroughly on Sunday, and it's clearly worse than 41.

I don't think it's worth testing any further, and the tickrate should be set back to 41. Even if the optimal value is above 41, it still must be significantly below 60, so any benefit over 41 will be marginal. I don't think it's worth risking spoiling more games with more testing.

I think we had a strong consensus about this on the server on Sunday (the lack of votes here is because registration is required), so unless there is a strong collective response to the contrary I suggest the settings are reverted to
Maplock: 1
Tickrate: 41 .

Thanks again to the admins for their help with the testing.

Poll: Settings regarding Fair-Gamers UT2004 »BombingRun« Server #11 6 years 10 months ago #3566

• __j
  • Fresh Boarder
By the way, if there is a tick-rate expert who understands why it was set to 41, the benefits of changing it (up or down, particularly in the context of BR), or whether the number should respect certain constraints (e.g. why 41, a prime number, instead of 40 or 42), I'd be interested to hear.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.021 seconds
Copyright 2024 Poll: Settings regarding Fair-Gamers UT2004 »BombingRun« Server #11 (1/2) - Fair-Gamers Forum - Fair-Gamers Community - Play Fair & Have Fun !.
Joomla Templates by Wordpress themes free